On March 13, 2018, Niska North Inc. (the “Company”) filed an assignment into bankruptcy pursuant to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (“BIA”) and B. Riley Farber Inc. (“B. Riley Farber”) was appointed as Trustee in Bankruptcy.
B. Riley Farber became Court-appointed receiver of Niska’s assets, property and undertaking on August 24, 2018 pursuant to the Order of the Honourable J.Hainey, a copy of which can be found below.
The First Meeting of Creditors was held on March 29, 2018 at 10:00am at B. Riley Farber Inc., at 150 York Street, Suite 1600, in Toronto, Ontario.
Creditor or Employee Enquiries
For creditor or employee enquiries, please contact:
E: [email protected]
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
Court Appointed Receivership
- Application Record returnable August 24, 2018
- Book of Authorities
- Report of Proposed Receiver dated August 21, 2018
- Motion Record, Returnable December 3, 2018
- Motion Record, Returnable December 13, 2019
- Motion Record, Returnable February 18, 2020
- Order of Justice Hainey dated August 24, 2018 (Receivership)
- Order of Justice Hainey dated August 24, 2018 (Sale Process)
- Order of Justice Chiapetta dated December 3, 2018 (Ancillary Relief)
- Approval and Vesting Order of Justice Chiapetta dated December 3, 2018
- Approval and Vesting Order of Justice McEwen dated December 13, 2019
- Ancillary Relief Order of Justice McEwen dated December 13, 2019
- Order of Justice Dietrich dated February 18, 2020 (Discharge)