On May 7, 2010, Movie Gallery Canada, Inc. (“Movie Gallery” or the “Company“) filed a Notice of Intention to File a Proposal (“NOI“) pursuant to Section 50.4 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (“BIA“). B. Riley Farber Inc. (“B. Riley Farber“) was appointed Trustee in the Proposal of the Company.
Per successive Court Orders dated June 4, July 20, September 1 and October 19, 2010, the filing of the Proposal was extended to November 6, 2010.
On November 6, 2010, the Proposal was filed with B. Riley Farber and a package was mailed to all known creditors on November 16, 2010. The First Meeting of Creditors was held on Friday, November 26, 2010, at 10:00 a.m. at the Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto and was adjourned by ordinary resolution of the creditors in attendance. The meeting of creditors was re-convened at 10:00 a.m. on January 19, 2011, at the offices of the Proposal Trustee located at Suite 1600, 150 York Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5H 3S5.
On May 9, 2013, the Proposal obtained its Discharge Order.
For creditor enquiries, please contact:
E: [email protected]
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
NOI & Proposal Documents
- Certificate of the Notice of Intention to Make a Proposal
- NOI Notice to Creditors
- Notice of Proposal to Creditors
- First Report of Proposal Trustee dated June 1, 2010
- Second Report of Proposal Trustee dated June 9, 2010
- Third Report of Proposal Trustee dated July 13, 2010
- Fourth Report of Proposal Trustee dated August 25, 2010
- Fifth Report of Proposal Trustee dated October 14, 2010
- Sixth Report of Proposal Trustee dated February 18, 2011